If your household income was less than $60,000 in 2020, you may be eligible to file your taxes for free!
- A NEW SERVICIO VIRTUAL
- Servicio de entrega sin contacto
- File your own taxes online at MyFreeTaxes.com
How OC Free Tax Prep Services Work
Taxpayers utilizing OC Free Tax Prep’s drop-off and virtual service options will have their returns prepared by IRS-Certified volunteers but will not be physically present.
Es necesario hacer una cita para los servicios en los lugares de entrega voluntaria de la Asistencia de Impuestos sobre la Renta (VITA). Si desea utilizar nuestro servicio virtual, haga clic aquí para empezar ahora. for OC Free Tax Prep’s drop-off tax preparation service. Please verify with the appointment representative that your return can be prepared by calling 888-434-8248. An appointment is not a guarantee of service.
Cash Back Tax Credits
If you worked in 2020 and your household earned income was less than $57,000, you may qualify for cash-back tax credits like the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) that can increase your refund! You must file your taxes to claim the credits!
Do I Qualify for Cash Back?
The California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC), along with similar federal credit, can result in hundreds, or even thousands, of extra dollars in your pocket!
The amount of CalEITC you may be eligible for depends on how much money you earn from work. You may be eligible if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Work for an employer or are self-employed
- Have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) valid for work
- Lived in California for at least half the tax year
What Documents Do I Need to File Taxes?
- Picture Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2020
- Form 1095-A, B or C health insurance coverage statement
- All 1098-E and T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address, phone number, and Tax ID Number
- The account number for direct deposit refund
- Copy of your 2019 income tax return
- For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Text MONEYBACK to 50503 to receive helpful tips on your phone.