If your household income was less than $60,000 in 2022, you may be eligible to file your taxes for free!
- File your own taxes online at MyFreeTaxes.com
- Or, schedule an appointment at a free tax preparation site.
If you worked in 2022 and your household earned income was less than $60,000, you may qualify for case back tax credits that can increase your refund! You must file your taxes to claim the credits!
Do I Qualify for Cash Back?
The California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC), along with similar federal credit, can result in hundreds, or even thousands, of extra dollars in your pocket!
The amount of CalEITC you may be eligible for depends on how much money you earn from work. You may be eligible if you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Work for an employer or are self-employed
- Have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) valid for work
- Lived in California for at least half the tax year
What Documents Do I Need to File Taxes?
- Picture Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2022
- Form 1095-A, B or C health insurance coverage statement
- All 1098-E and T forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider name, address, phone number, and Tax ID Number
- The account number for direct deposit refund
- Copy of your 2021 income tax return
- For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Text MONEYBACK to 50503 to receive helpful tips on your phone.