2023 Free Tax Prep Locations: Get Your Taxes Done For FREE

If your household income was less than $60,000 in 2022, you may be eligible to file your taxes for free!

    If you worked in 2022 and your household earned income was less than $60,000, you may qualify for case back tax credits that can increase your refund! You must file your taxes to claim the credits!

    Do I Qualify for Cash Back?

    The California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC), along with similar federal credit, can result in hundreds, or even thousands, of extra dollars in your pocket!

    The amount of CalEITC you may be eligible for depends on how much money you earn from work. You may be eligible if you:

      • Are 18 years or older

      • Work for an employer or are self-employed

      • Have a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) valid for work

      • Lived in California for at least half the tax year 

    What Documents Do I Need to File Taxes?

      • Picture Identification

      • Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Letter for all individuals listed on the return

      • W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2022

      • Form 1095-A, B or C health insurance coverage statement

      • All 1098-E and T forms for educational expenses

      • Childcare provider name, address, phone number, and Tax ID Number

      • The account number for direct deposit refund

      • Copy of your 2021 income tax return

      • For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms


    Text MONEYBACK to 50503 to receive helpful tips on your phone.

    Share this:


    Related Posts


    Enter your email address to get updates and information about deadlines & extensions from the OC Free Tax Prep Team. You can also text MONEYBACK to 50503 to get updates sent directly via text message*.

    *Charity Alerts 4/mo, see privacy policy. Msg&Data rates may apply. Txt HELP for help. Txt STOP to unsubscribe.

    Get Important Updates

    Get updates on info, deadlines & extensions

    *You can also text MONEYBACK to 50503 to get updates sent directly via text message.

    You're now being redirected to MyFreeTaxes.com